I send most of my body language and intuition tips via v-mail (short videos delivered to your inbox).
The book “Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do” by Chris Guillebeau is full of examples of people who have succeeded in finding the career that they love, including our very own Vanessa Van Edwards from the Science of People. You can find your dream job too!
This inspiring book contains advice and strategies for creating a fulfilling and prosperous career and life. The biggest takeaway for me is summed up in this quote from the book:
Professionals with marginal skills: undesired
Professionals with strong hard skills but poor social skills: needed on a short-term basis, but not always valued over the long run
Professionals with strong hard skills and strong social skills: indispensable
I will say that this is true! It was established back in 1918 by Mann’s study on engineering education that approximately 80 percent of success is due to soft skills while 20 percent is due to hard skills.
The good news is that soft skills (social skills) can be learned.
Soft Skills / Social Skills
What’s the best way to beef up your social skills? Learning and practicing the principles of nonverbal communication will give your social skills a boost. Regardless of your career focus, through our body language seminars and body language coaching, you will:
- Improve your relationships at home, at work, and in social situations.
- Become a more effective and connected leader.
- Build trust and improve your relationships with your customers.
- Connect with people you serve and put them at ease.
- Reduce stress, improve your immune system, and engage with others in meaningful ways.
- Bring your intuition into concrete knowing and learn to trust what you observe.
Born for This
When you have a moment, read through Born for This; you won’t regret it!
Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do